12 Marketing Tips for Lawyers
You don’t have to be a marketing whiz for your law firm to generate traffic and sales. Most law firms outsource marketing because they feel they don’t have the expertise in it. But in the digital age, you don’t have to spend excess money outsourcing marketing and can do it on your own. All you need is a comprehensive marketing plan. The following tips will help you create one and save money while you are at it.
- Know your target audience: Knowing who to target and only targeting them is key for a great marketing plan. For example, as a corporate lawyer, you want businesses to approach you rather than individuals looking for a divorce. You need to devise a plan that caters to your target audience only.
- Get on social media: Social media is key in the digital age. As much time as you spend on SEO, you need to spend on social media. It will help you build your network and your firm’s reputation. It is also a great way to share your knowledge with your network through content and engage with your network. Works well to convince leads to opt for your service.
- Have a user-friendly website: Having a website isn’t enough now. You need to make sure that the website is user-friendly so it ranks better and users can navigate through it properly. This means having it laid out properly with plenty of white space, making sure it loads quickly, having a navigation bar, and so on.
- Create separate pages for each service: Rather than having all your services listed on one page, you should have separate pages for each. This allows visitors to learn more about the exact service they want rather than have to read through a lot of content to find the information they need.
- Have a blog: Blogs benefit your marketing tactics in numerous ways. The articles you post help with your SEO by targeting the keywords you want. They allow you to share your expertise on topics that your audience wants to learn about. This helps showcase your knowledge and can play a role in convincing your audience to opt for your service. Finally, they can benefit your social media and email marketing campaign as well as your website.
- Use call-to-actions within your content: It doesn’t matter whether it is your webpage content, blog, video marketing, or anything else, all your content need a CTA. You need to lead clients into acting as they go through the content. Otherwise, they would just be left puzzled, not sure what to do next.
- Don’t shy from PPC: If you rely on SEO to get you to the top of search engines for specific keywords, you may have to wait a long time. Google AdWords is an easier way to climb the ranks of search engines for competitive keywords. You do have to pay for each click which can be costly but you will also generate relevant traffic of individuals that would be easier to convert into clients.
- Host webinars: Blogs aren’t the only way to display your expertise. Webinars are a great way to engage your audience and help them with common legal problems they may have. You can even let your audience decide the topic by hosting a poll on social media before the webinars. To make the interaction more fruitful, be sure to end the session with a Q&A, addressing questions the audience may have.
- Network at events: Networking is important for lawyers, you want to take every opportunity you get to network. You should look for exhibitions and trade shows in which you know potential clients will attend. This lets you get face time with them and talk up your law firm and how you can help them.
- Focus on referrals: Whether it is referrals from existing clients or other law firms, you need to ensure you have a referral process in place. Referrals are much easier to convert because your referrer will do most of the selling for you, talking up your firm before you speak to the referral. ‘Word of mouth’ is still considered one of the most effective conversion tools. You need to make sure you entice individuals to refer to your firm.
- Build your reputation online with reviews: A majority of individuals looking for services online read reviews about the firm before opting for it. A smart way to get reviews is to have an email campaign for existing clients that direct them to your Google business page or Yelp! to fill out reviews.
- Create video content: Videos are naturally more engaging than articles or images. You find that most businesses today have started to use video to their advantage, marketing using them. You can use videos to highlight services or discuss hot topics in your legal profession. All of which helps build rapport with viewers.